This session happened within the "Experimental happening" organized by the "Figures of Touch" Academy research project of the Pori department of Art and Media. We did the lecture as an urban dérive, following however a somewhat pre-organized route based on student's answer to the question: Where is Pori a metropolis?
1. Annis ja Rakastajat-teatteri: Underground culture - kellarikulttuuri
a. "resistance comes always first".
b. creative class and urban space
2. Bar Kino: movie and metropolis
3. Sokos Hotel: strangers
At this stage we had already shifted and went first to 3. Sokos Hotel, then 2. to Bar Kino...
4. The Promenade: non-places
5. Sokos mall and spitting and loitering kids: suburbs and global metropolis
6. Roundabouts: circulation and movement
7. Yyteri and Kirjurinluoto: megalomania and happenings
8. A4 and development projects: hybrid economy
9. Puuvilla: from fordist industrialism to global information capitalism.
Links to references and sources on the right.